Saturday, December 5, 2009

Videos online

Before completing this test drive I thought that YouTube was the most commonly known video sharing website. I have used Vimeo a few times in the past but I wasn't familiar with Dailymotion or Google Video.


I used Google Video to search for videos on the Queensland dust storms. I tried the same search on Dailymotion without success. All the videos that I tried to view took a long time to load but I persevered with Carnegie Library - the greatest escape. I'm so glad that I did as it's the most amazing video. I love it.


Libraries could use online videos in training staff or clients. For example in my work area videos have been made of how to look after precious books and documents. Other online video possibilities could be highlighting special collections within the library, author talks, and curator talks.

I hope that you enjoy Extreme sheep herding!

No comments:

Post a Comment