Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mashups

Mashups combine applications such as Flickr and Google Street View to create a new service which makes the content more appealing and usable.

I had fun exploring SuburbView. I checked out houses for sale and to rent in my suburb. It’s a very comprehensive mashup incorporating images of the interiors of the houses, Google Earth and Google Street View. I’d definitely be using this site if I was buying a house as it would save so much time.

I was surprised to see so many Twitter sites listed in The MashUp Awards. I selected Twash to investigate further. Twash is a database that contains awesome tweets (their words not mine!). You can add a twash or vote on twashes to improve or lower their ranking. To be honest I was disappointed in the 10 most recent twashes that I viewed. I expected a higher level of tweet from the description given.

No comments:

Post a Comment